- You find yourself always baking the same old recipes.You’ve got two or maybe three recipes up your sleeve and these are things you bake over and over again. Sure, it’s always great to have a “signature bake”, but I know and you know, you want to get beyond the same Banana Bread time and again.
- You have children younger than some of the baking ingredients in your pantry. I’m the first to put my hand up and say I have a jar of cream of tartare that I bought the year I moved to the UK in 2010! Sure, flour and sugar we all breeze through with no problems. But you know when you need 1 tbsp of this and 1/2 tsp of that… those little odds and ends always end up wasted.
- You’ve left out ingredients from a certain recipe because you genuinely didn’t know what it was.Also Guilty! Not so much a baking thing, but the number of times my eyes just skim over ‘Pul Biber’ on an ingredients list is more than the number of times I’ve “liked” a post by Jane’s Patisserie. Or you know what it is but you opt to leave it out because you know you won’t use it all (see #2 above). In baking it’s things like chia seeds, rose petals, malt syrup, cornstarch, 1/2 lemon zest… the list of wonderful ingredients that you only need a teeny bit of – it’s a long one!
- You’re a part-timer vegan but you’ve just always baked with eggs and don’t know where to begin without them.I hear you! I was you 5 or 6 years ago. It’s hard to imagine meringue without egg white or custard without the yolks. I promise it is possible and it is delicious. The subscription will help you get to grips with delicious and successful vegan baking.
- You hate waste.Don’t we all? Perhaps you rarely bake, so a lot of those ingredients do end up going to waste. And why oh why must brown sugar come in plastic bags? When you buy each ingredient separately it can add up to a bit of food waste and a BUNCH of packaging waste.
If any of these ring a bell, then join the mailing list now to be the first in line for the branch new subscription box coming this October 2022.